Accessibility Statement for the Unitemps website
This accessibility statement applies to www.unitemps.com.
This website is run by Warwick University Enterprises Ltd on behalf of Unitemps franchises around the UK. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
On this website, you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in, up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- use the site with assistive software such as TextHelp Read and Write and Zoomtext.
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- You may not be able to access all content by using the keyboard alone
- Not all colour contrasts may meet sufficient contrast levels
- Not all images have alternative text
- Tooltips are not enabled for all icons
- Not all PDFs meet accessibility standards
- There are moving images that can’t be paused
- There are pop ups that appear without warning
Feedback and Contact Information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call – 024 7652 8118
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the accessibility team on email@example.com or 024 7652 8118.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Unitemps is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
The following items do not comply with the WCAG 2.1 AA success criteria:
- All non-text content that is presented to the user might not have a text alternative
- 1.1.1 Non-text Content
- There may not be sufficient colour contrast between font and background colours, especially where the text size is very small
- 1.4.3 - Contrast (Minimum)
- Some information is conveyed as an image of text rather than as text itself, making it not compatible with screen readers and other assistive technology
- 1.4.5 - Images of text
- Visual information to identify user interface components, such as keyboard focus, do not always have a sufficient contrast ratio
- 1.4.11 - Non-text contrast
- Most tooltips disappear as soon as the cursor moves. Also, tooltips are not present for all icons and images
- 1.4.13 - Content on Hover or Focus
- It is not possible to use a keyboard to access all of the content
- 2.1 - Keyboard accessible
- 2.1.2 No Keyboard Trap
- It is not always clear to tell where you have navigated to when you are using a keyboard
- 2.4.7 Focus Visible
- Error messages may not always be clear
- 3.3 - Input assistance
- 3.3.1 - Error identification
- 3.3.3 - Error suggestion
- There are pop up’s that appear without warning
- 3.2.2 On Input
- 3.2.5 Change on Request
- Motion animation triggered by interaction cannot be disabled
- 2.3.3 Animation from Interactions
- There is no specific help function section, including accessibility information
- 3.3.5 - Help
We do not at the current time claim the non-conformances are a disproportionate burden to fix. We are currently assessing ways of fixing the issues, once that work is complete, we may reassess the issue. Particularly with some of our legacy content.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example we do not plan to fix our privacy notices or our AWR guidance.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
- Work is underway to replace our current system and should be complete by 2023; accessibility is a key element of this. Key accessibility issues that prevent an acceptable user journey will be routinely assessed and resolved as appropriate between now and release of our new system.
- Much of the site is built on legacy code, making changes complicated. We are underway with changing the underpinning platforms to modernise them. All new systems and processes are being built with “accessibility by design”.
- We historically make one or two major updates to the site each year. Each future major update will address key areas of the site and adjust accessibility.
- The accessibility statement will be updated with each major update
- We would like to have fewer web pages on the website so that it is more manageable
- We would like editors of the website to be fully conversant with best practice
- We are working with partner franchises accessibility teams and the University of Warwick accessibility working group to learn how to constantly improve the site
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 23rd September 2020. It was last reviewed on 7th August 2020.
This website was last tested over a number of months leading up to 31st July 2020. The test was carried out internally by conducting a manual check of carefully chosen sample pages and content types. We continue to review the site on a regular basis to check new content.