Marketing and Press Intern
Warwick Arts Centre is looking for two bright and enthusiastic Marketing and Press Interns to join the Marketing team for a 13 week placement during the Summer and Autumn 2019/20 seasons.
There are two positions available:
Internship 1: Summer 2019: Mon 22 Jul – Fri 25 Oct 2019
Internship 2: Autumn 2019: Mon 21 Oct 2019 – Fri 24 Jan 2020
The Marketing and Press Intern will work directly alongside the marketing team on various projects and activities. This is a valuable hands-on opportunity to participate in the daily functions of a world-class arts venue’s marketing and press operations. The ideal candidate will have a commitment to the arts and a strong drive to increase their experience of arts marketing.
Hours: Monday – Wednesday, 10.00 – 18.00, flexible hours can be considered.
- Maintaining and tidying Front of House areas and the Print Room
- Assisting with mailings and distribution
- Copywriting and proof-reading
- Creating email campaigns in Mailchimp
- Contributing to social media and digital campaigns
- Updating press and listings information
- Monitoring media coverage, assisting in compiling press materials, cataloguing press cuttings
- Updating the Warwick Arts Centre website
- Supporting on internal and external events
- Other duties as required
- In the final week of the programme there will be a handover period. The Intern will induct the next Intern into the organisation and ensure that there is a smooth handover of all duties and responsibilities
The ideal candidate would have a passion for arts marketing and would be keen to develop their skills, CV and future career. This role requires someone who is hands-on, a quick learner, keen to be involved and attend events at Warwick Arts Centre.
- Active interest and enthusiasm for the arts
- Interest in Marketing and Press
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Creative writing skills
- Methodical and efficient approach with good attention to detail
- A good team-player
- Basic IT skills with experience using Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Excellent organisational ability, time-keeping and a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude with a hands-on approach.
- Ability to work independently and use initiative
- Previous experience working in Marketing or Communications
- Knowledge of events at Warwick Arts Centre
- Experience using Mailchimp, Photoshop and content management systems
- Proof-reading skills
- Knowledge of the local area
Please note that this is a physical job which involves some heavy lifting.
Training can be provided.
To apply, please include your CV and a covering letter (no more than 1 side of A4) answering the following questions:
- What skills, experience and personal qualities could you bring to this position? Please match your answers to the requirements laid out in the personal specification and back up your answers with examples.
- Please indicate which Internship/s you wish to apply for. You may apply for both Internships.
Please note that applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is Friday 5th July 2019.